Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Eating healthy is not so hard!

The more I eat healthy, the more I don't crave unhealthy foods. Case in point. I love salty crunchy snacks...popcorn is my favorite. Lately, I've been eating salty, crunchy Kale chips which seems to quelch my popcorn addiction.
Here's my recipe:
1bunch of washed/dried kale cut into small pieces
2 Tsps olive oil
1 tsp nutritional yeast(I use Kal nutritional yeast flakes Gluten free)
1/2tsp sea salt
Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
On a large baking sheet place kale and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle yeast flakes and salt and mix with your clean hands.
Bake in oven for 10min or until crispy. Check after 5 min and mix to get moist areas exposed to the heat. Remove from oven and try to let cool for 5 min.
Kale is high in Nitric Oxide which keeps blood vessels open, nutritional yeast is an excellent source for B vitamins and is high in protein.
Enjoy,

Let's go with the flow,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment